Celebrities are known for all sorts of reasons, from the great roles that they personify on screen to their incredibly public personal lives. If there is one aspect of celebrity life that is most frequently discussed which is their aesthetic. The way a celebrity looks will get front page headlines before just about anything else that they say or do.
This is why it becomes such a big deal when it is revealed that a celebrity—especially a well-known and well-endowed celebrity—struggles with some sort of issue or disease that mars their appearance in some way. For female celebrities, having healthy legs is part of the job. Long, healthy legs help win them magazine covers, and that type of publicity makes up a large chunk of their reputation. For this reason, it is especially of interest when a female celebrity reveals that they are struggling with something as common as spider or varicose veins.
Who Struggles with Varicose Veins?
Approximately 50 percent of all women develop varicose veins at some point in their lives. For many women, this happens shortly after having children, if not during pregnancy itself. Varicose veins develop when veins in the legs become twisted, causing the veins to bulge and become visible underneath the skin.
Imaging having those bulging veins visible when paparazzi show up at your doorstep. This is why so many celebrity women have come out about their veins, revealing how they coped with the ongoing issue.
You may be surprised to learn that the following celebrity women have ALL had varicose veins:
- Britney Spears. This mother of two went through the same body metamorphosis as any other young mom, varicose veins included.
- Kristen Davis. The Sex in the City star was doted on for her seemingly perfect legs, and then was quickly attacked when the tabloids pointed out her venous problem. Davis opted for vein removal treatment to clear up her issue.
- Janice Dickinson. Known as the original supermodel, Dickinson had more reason than the average woman to make sure her long legs looked healthy. This is why when varicose veins started to become an issue, perhaps as a result of all the high heels she has worn for her work, she opted for vein treatment.
- Emma Thompson. This famous actress underwent surgery to remove troubled veins after she entered her 50s, which is when many women begin struggling with varicose veins.
- Serena Williams. The power tennis player is known for her muscular legs. She was quite open about addressing venous disease when it afflicted her, taking action to ensure that her legs remained healthy and powerful for her future Olympic ambitions.
Varicose veins can be removed or reduced with minimally invasive vein treatment. Vein disease, including varicose and spider veins, are incredibly common. In many circumstances, the issue is a cosmetic one. The staff at Georgia Vascular Institute can provide you with what you need to get healthy, youthful legs! Call today at 770-506-4007 and schedule an appointment with us.