Celebrities are known for a range of things, from their on-screen roles to their fascinating private lives. The most frequently discussed aspect of celebrities’ lives, however, is their looks. A celebrity’s appearance will grab front-page headlines faster than just about anything else they say or do. The way a celebrity looks will get front page headlines before just about anything else that they say or do.
This is why it’s such a big deal when a celebrity—especially a famously good-looking celebrity— reveals a struggle with a condition or disease that mars their appearance.
For female celebrities, having healthy, beautiful legs is just part of the job. Long, healthy legs help them book magazine covers, positive publicity and even roles in films or television. For this reason, it is especially of interest when a female celebrity reveals that they are struggling with something as common as spider or varicose veins.
Who Struggles with Varicose Veins?
Approximately 50 percent of all women develop varicose veins at some point in their lives. For many women, this happens shortly after having children, if not during pregnancy itself. Varicose veins develop when veins in the legs become twisted, causing the veins to bulge and become visible underneath the skin.
Imaging having those bulging veins visible when paparazzi show up at your doorstep. This is why so many celebrity women have come out about their veins, revealing how they coped with the ongoing issue.
You may be surprised to learn that the following celebrity women have ALL had varicose veins:
- Britney Spears. This mother of two went through the same body metamorphosis as any other young mom, varicose veins included.
- Kristen Davis. The Sex in the City star was doted on for her seemingly perfect legs, and then was quickly attacked when the tabloids pointed out her venous problem. Davis opted for vein removal treatment to clear up her issue.
- Janice Dickinson. Known as the original supermodel, Dickinson had more reason than the average woman to make sure her long legs looked healthy. This is why when varicose veins started to become an issue, perhaps as a result of all the high heels she has worn for her work, she opted for vein treatment.
- Emma Thompson. This famous actress underwent surgery to remove troubled veins after she entered her 50s, which is when many women begin struggling with varicose veins.
- Serena Williams. The power tennis player is known for her muscular legs. She was quite open about addressing venous disease when it afflicted her, taking action to ensure that her legs remained healthy and powerful for her future Olympic ambitions.
Varicose veins can be removed or reduced with minimally invasive vein treatment. Vein disease, including varicose and spider veins, are incredibly common. In many circumstances, the issue is a cosmetic one. The staff at Georgia Vascular Institute can provide you with what you need to get healthy, youthful legs! Call today at 770-506-4007 and schedule an appointment with us.